Tech Task #4 - Edublogger

Click here to check out Pernille Ripp's blog!


I decided to follow Pernille Ripp's blog because her blog is mainly about books and developing students as readers, and well... I have a passion for books!  I believe reading is the number one skill students need to develop.  Being a strong reader and being able to comprehend what they have read is important to ALL subject areas.  Everything builds off of being a good reader.   Therefore, as a teacher, I want to create a love for reading in all students!

Pernille is a 7th grade teacher, author, speaker and creator of the "Global Read Aloud". She writes books about engaging and empowering students in the classroom and in their reading.  Her blog includes many posts about reading, such as: including students in setting their reading goals and encouraging students to become passionate readers.  I really like the section of her blog, "our favorite books".  I have found a lot of great books to use myself from her list of recommended books. 



She is also on twitter and Instagram! For great book ideas to use in your classrooms, follow her accounts!

~Miss C. 




Comments

  1. Blogging is a new thing for me and I LOVE it! It is so easy to share our teaching advice and what works for us with everyone! I think that blogging especially for educational purposes is definitely underused, so as I move into my teaching career I am going to try and use this tool a lot more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 4 - Asynchronous Classes & Memes