Tech Task #2 Digital Identity/Footprint

"Digital Identity/Footprint". What does that mean anyway?...   

~ "A digital footprint is a trail of data you create while using the Internet.  It includes the websites you visit, emails you send, and information you submit to online services"(Christensson).

After searching myself on Google, I couldn't find much on myself except for my Facebook account and some horse show pages. I keep all of my account settings locked up and as private as possible. Upon starting into my Education degree I took down all "inappropriate" pictures from high school & my early years of university... I felt that if students, parents or colleagues were to ever search me, I didn't want anything from those days to pup up!

Digital identity/footprint is absolutely an important topic to be addressed in schools because young people often don't think beyond the moment and what consequences may lie ahead. The 2 seconds it takes to post a picture or write something on social media, could potentially have a negative impact on them and their reputation for years to come. Students need to be well educated about what they should/should not post online; how to keep what they do post, secure so only their friends and family see it; and overall keep their "digital footprint" in good standing.

~Miss C.



Christensson, P. (2014, May 26). Digital Footprint Definition. Retrieved 2019, Jan 13, from https://techterms.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 4 - Asynchronous Classes & Memes